2009 Presidential Inauguration
Well, it’s been a week since President Obama was sworn in as the 44th president of the United States and I’d like to share some thoughts regarding the inauguration itself.
By the way, is it just me or does the US Capitol look like the Leaning Tower of Pisa?
Now normally I’d avoid discussing politics with you since you probably don’t know the difference between a caucus and a cactus but this inauguration was historic and so merits some review.
So without further ado, here is the top ten list of quotes from people who actually attended, in person, the 2009 presidential inauguration ceremony.
10. “Gosh. From 300 yards away, President Obama sure looks a lot smaller than he looks on TV.”
9. “Can you hold my spot here upfront while I find a place to pee?”
8. “This inauguration ceremony totally sucks! I’ve been here almost five hours and not a single waiter has come by to take my drink order!”
7. “Who let all the white people in?”
6. “Sarah Palin is way hotter than Joe Biden.”
5. “Where’s Oprah? I haven’t seen Oprah! Is she coming out or what?”
4. “I’m so freaking cold I think my thingies are frozen.”
3. “I think I’m lost. Can you tell me how to get to all of Obama’s inaugural balls?”
2. “Obama ain’t all that. He’s been president now for ten minutes and the economy still sucks.”
And the number one best quote from the 2009 Presidential Inauguration is…
1. “Are Barack and Michelle fist bumping? I can’t see… are they fisting… are they fisting?”