HAPPY SXSW FEST! Today kicks off fun and headaches at the same time in ATX! Here are a few things that migh help relieve the headaches a bit.
5 Things you need to know to get around ATX during SXSW FEST:
1.) For street closures/parking during SXSW Fest go to www.austintexas.gov/CITYSTAGE
2.) Parking is limited. APD suggests you program this number in your phone. If you car gets towed from a public parking place/alley call Southside Wrecker at (512) 441-7094.
3.)APD suggestions: Vehicle owners should remember to hide valuables and park in well-lit areas .Pedestrians are also reminded to follow signage and cross in crosswalks. Yes, you can get a ticket for Jaywalking.
4.) Capital Metro is extended their service for the festival. MetroRail will expanded their hours, and run more often than usual.
5.) SXSW Fest Schedule
- Saturday, March 8 & 15: 10 a.m. – 2 a.m.
- Monday – Tuesday, March 10-11: 6 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Wednesday – Thursday, March 12-13: 6 a.m. – 12:30 a.m.
- Friday, March 14: 6 a.m. – 1 a.m.
- Friday & Monday, March 7 & 17 – Regular schedule
- No MetroRail service on Sunday, March 9 & 16
- The Night Owl Service will run every half hour from midnight to 3 a.m., except on Sundays.
- E-Bus routes 410, 411 and 412 will run Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights from about 8:30 p.m. to 3 a.m.
Okay how about 6 things:
6.) Late Night Grub Kerby Lane's Cinnamon Roll pancakes are my pick for the weekend!