Willies 4th of July Picnic
Doors @ 11am | Show @ Noon
The Backyard at Bee Cave
General Admission Tickets: $ 55
H-E-B Austin Symphony July 4th Concert & Fireworks
July 4, 2010 8:30 PM
conductor: Peter Bay
Admission is Free
"Drink Pink" Fireworks Party
Opal Divineâs Continues its âDrink Pinkâ Fundraising Campaign
Benefiting the Breast Cancer Resource Centers of Texas at our JULY 4th Fireworks viewing party
We will have live music from Michael Fracasso and Nathan Hamilton followed by Fireworks over Lady Bird Lake at 9:30pm!
Featured drinks include:
The Divine Paloma made with Don Eduardo Silver Tequila - available in 16 oz (a cup), 32oz (c cup) and our new 56oz (DD cup) sizes
Admission: $5.00 suggested donation to BCRC at the door
Brew B Que
Location: Buda City Park
General Admission $15 at the Gate including all service charges.
Ages 8 and under free with adult
Hours 11am to 11pm
Acres of FREE parking!
Beer, BBQ, Live Music, and Games! Roadway Events is proud to announce the second annual Brew-B-Que. Live Music. Beer Sampling. Bar B Que. Games of Skill...DO Not Miss the Lumber Jack Show! Bring the rat to Austin's 2nd annual chihuahua races and new this year will be the first annual Pomeranian race, or compete in the backyard BBQ challenge. Please visit our website for more information!
Location: Milburn Park, 1901 Sun Chase Blvd.
Date: July 4, 2010
Time: 4:00 pm to 10:40 pm
Free to the public.
Come celebrate with us and enjoy a dance with live music, food concessions, air castles, face painting, sack races, a washer tournament, art projects, and enjoy free watermelon sponsord by . The fabulous day of celebration will end with a magnificent fireworks display sponsored by . You may also cool off in Milburn Pool, which is open from 1 - 8 pm with daily pool admission rates applying.
Pflugerville Pfirecracker Pfestival
Sunday, July 4 4:00p
at Lake Pflugerville, Pflugerville, TX
Come out to Lake Pflugerville on July 4 for a great afternoon of fun at the park and fireworks at dark! The park opens at 4 p.m. and families may enjoy the beach, walking trail, park and playground leading up to the fireworks show.
Sunday, July 4 10:00a
at San Marcos Plaza Park, San Marcos, TX
Celebrate our nationâs independence along the banks of the San Marcos River. Family entertainment, arts and crafts, live music and a spectacular fireworks display. Free admission. 5 pm- 10 pm
Newly Added Below:
Speakeasy's 4th of July Celebration featuring Vallejo
Saturday, July 3 7:00p
at Speakeasy, Austin, TX
Featuring Vallejo in the Music Lounge w/ Tommy Mora opening. DJ Jericho One on Terrace59
4th of July Family Festival
Saturday, July 3 10:00a to 2:00p
at Ymca (East Communities Branch), Austin, TX
On Saturday, July 3, the East Communities Branch YMCA (located at 5315 Ed Bluestein at E. 51st St.) will hold its 10th annual 4th of July Family Festival, with fun and games, barbecue and water activities. The event is free and open to the public.
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., the YMCA will host family games and contests, plus swimming in the Yâs popular Aquatic Playscape and on its two giant water slides.
soberRide - July 4th Weekend - FREE Cab Rides Home
Saturday, July 3 11:00p to Sunday, July 4 3:00a
soberRide will operate from 11:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. on Sat., July 3rd & Sun., July 4th, 2010 as a way to keep Austinites safe from impaired drivers during this traditionally high-risk period. soberRide suggests to always plan ahead and have a designated driver in place before going out. If you find yourself needing a ride home you may call soberRide at 512-657-2999 and receive a free cab ride home (up to a $30 fare).
Think this is the same one Patrick had above but he didnât have the name:
CEDAR PARK'S FOURTH FESTIVAL has everything you'd expect: live music, dancing, watermelon, sack races, bouncy castles, fireworks, etc. If things get too hot, take a dip in Milburn Pool (1-8pm). 4-10:30pm. Milburn Park, 1901 Sun Chase Blvd., Cedar Park, 512/401-5500. Free. www.cedarparkfun.com
Fireworks Carlos & Charles
Friday, July 02, 2010, 08:00pm - 11:00pm
Carlos & Charles FIRWORKS DISPLAY AS BIG AS DOWNTOWN!
5973 hiline rd.Austin TX 9 PM
Location : 5973 hiline rd Austin TX
Contact : 266-1683
Fireworks City of Lakeway
Saturday, July 03, 2010, 08:30am - 11:00pm
4th of July celebration at City Park with massive firwork display at 9:30 parade at 8:30 a.m.
Location : Lakeway City Park
Contact : www.cityoflakeway.com
You could win free tickets to see Twilight Eclipse...but you must be a Mix 94.7 Friend with Benefits to make it happen. How can I possibly become a member you ask? It's so easy even a vampire could do it! Just click here now! Monday we'll send you an email with your chance to win!
* I Keep Forgettin' I Forgot About You* I Liked You Better Before I Knew You So Well * Get Your Tongue Outta My Mouth 'Cause I'm Kissing You Goodbye* Mama Get A Hammer, (There's A Fly On Papa's Head)* Her Teeth Was Stained, But Her Heart Was Pure * How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?* I Don't Know Whether To Kill Myself Or Go Bowling * I Got In At 2 With A 10 And Woke Up At 10 With A 2* I Just Bought A Car From A Guy That Stole My Girl, But The Car Don't Run So I Figure We Got An
Even Deal* Get Your Biscuits In The Oven And Your Buns In Bed * I Still Miss You Baby, But My Aim's Gettin' Better * I Wouldn't Take Her To A Dog Fight, Cause I'm Afraid She'd Win * I'll Marry You Tomorrow But Let's Honeymoon Tonite * I'm So Miserable Without You, It's Like Having You Here * I've Got Tears in My Ears From Lying On My Back While I Cry Over You
* If I Can't Be Number One In Your Life, Then Number Two On You * If I Had Shot You When I Wanted To, I'd Be Out By Now * My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend, and I Sure Do Miss Him * Please Bypass this Heart * She Got the Ring and I Got the Finger* She Got the Goldmine and I Got the Shaft * You Done Tore Out My Heart and Stomped that Sucker Flat * If The Phone Don't Ring, It's Me* Tennis Must Be Your Racket 'Cause Love Means Nothin' To You* Thank God And Greyhound She's Gone* How Can You Believe Me When I Say I Love You When You Know I've
Been A Liar All My Life?* I Changed Her Oil, She Changed My Life* I Would Have Wrote You A Letter, But I Couldn't Spell Yuck* If You Don't Leave Me Alone, I'll Go And Find Someone Else Who Will* My John Deere Was Breaking Your Field, While Your Dear John Was Breaking My Heart* Oh, I've Got Hair Oil On My Ears And My Glasses Are Slipping Down, But Baby I Can See Through
You* They May Put Me In Prison, But They Can't Stop My Face From Breakin' Out* Velcro Arms, Teflon Heart* You Can't Roller Skate In A Buffalo Herd* If My Nose Were Full of Nickels, I'd Blow It All On You* You're The Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly* If You Leave Me, Can I Come Too? * Her Teeth Were Stained, But Her Heart Was Pure * If Love Were Oil, I'd Be A Quart Low* My Every Day Silver Is Plastic*She Made Toothpicks Out Of The Timber Of My Heart*She's Got Freckles On Her, But She's Pretty *When You Leave Walk Out Backwards, So I'll Think You're Walking In*You Can't Have Your Kate And Edith Too
It's a shame that it had to come to this, but extreme times call for extreme measures. After months of encouraging you to join us as a Friend with Benefits we've decided to use hypnosis as a final resort.
Just continue to sit there with your eyes closed as we tell you why you're in this state of hypnotic trance. The past few months Mix 94.7 Friends with Benefits have won concert trips all over the world...Nickelback in Vancouver, Bon Jovi at the New Meadowlands in New Jersey...all the big concerts in Austin, Dallas and Houston...plus all of our Friends with Benefits only performances here at our Mix Four Hands Lounge with bands like Barenaked Ladies. We've even given FWB's the chance to bring their kids to meet iCarly's Miranda Cosgrove and tickets to our sneak preview of Sex and the City 2 at Gold Class Cinemas. IN OTHER WORDS, YOU'RE MISSING OUT!
Now count to three backwards, open your eyes and click here for your chance at VIP status at events just like those that are coming up soon.
Celebrities are also famous for making bad hair decisions...witness below!John Stamos---ya kiddin' me?Simon makes far too much money to sport this. Short hair parted in the middle? Is he partyin' like it's 1929?Bono hates this picture. The Edge loves it.Kid sported the GumbyHere's the story, of a lovely lady...who had let the wrong person cut her hair.Somebody needs to put out a bounty on his hairdresser.This was stupid even by 80s standards.This is what having that many kids will do to you.We recently found out that this was a wig, but why pick out this wig Andre?A bee hive on a hornet's nest...Amy WinehouseRichard Marx...it just wasn't right. None of it.Where did the parents go wrong?I would look at my stylist and say, "you're fired!"Chuck Norris is probably going to kick my butt.The Nelson twins. We think they are boys.The guy from Prodigy lives out his Big Bird fantasy.Golfer John Daly---look at that back nine!Word to ya mutha.
Axl Rose...what a sweet child!Jon Bon Jovi shot all the schoolgirls through the heart.Gene Simmons. What? No tongue?Eddie Van Halen...the hair...the bow tie!Slash had a cool 'fro even back then!Future porn star Tommy Lee.Shout it out loud...it's Paul Stanley of Kiss!James Hetfield of Metallica.
/>It's always fun to see pictures of famous people before they were famous. Below are the school pics of some of the world's biggest rap stars!"Mr. Valedictorian, you were great and Ima let you finish..."Diddy dressed like Pee Wee Herman in school.Eminem looking slim, and a bit shady.50 Cent, before he was old enough to get in da club.Gettin' low with some xtra large frames...it's Lil Jon!Jay-Z was Krushin' a groove back in the day!
Snoop Dogg, fo shizzle!
We've compiled a list below of some of our favorite "Lost Songs of the '90s"...songs you may have heard and forgotten about from the 1990's. Check these out and let us know in the comments section below what you'd add to the list!1. Sleeping Satellite-Tasmin Archer2. Return of the Mack-Mark Morrison3. Wicked Game-Chris Isaak4. Mr. Wendal-Arrested Development5. LL Cool J-Around the Way Girl6. Out Of My Head-Fastball7. You Don't Know How It Feels-Tom Petty8. Where It's At- Beck9. Insane in the Brain- Cypress Hill10. Selling The Drama-Live11. This Is How We Do It-Montell Jordan12. Secret-Madonna13. Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth- Primitive Radio Gods14. My Boo-Ghosttown DJ's15. Blue Sky Mining Co.-Midnight Oil16. Praise You- Fatboy Slim17. I'd Die Without You-PM Dawn18. Good Vibrations-Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch19. The Impression That I Get-Mighty Mighty Bosstones20. Lump-The Presidents of the United States of America21. How Bizarre- OMC
You can be in the room with less than 50 others as the Barenaked Ladies perform for Friends with Benefits members only on Memorial Day at the Mix 94.7 Four Hands Lounge.
If you're not a Friend with Benefits, SIGN UP NOW. Then we'll send you an email letting you know how to enter to win. So simple even a cave...oh never mind.
50. When I Think of You- Janet JacksonA remarkable video---see how they made it appear that there was only one camera used in the whole shoot? Word was at the time there was actually only a few edits done.49. Mickey- Toni BasilSpecial kudos for showing what cheerleaders really look like for the first time.48. Girls On Film- Duran DuranThe first of many Duran Duran videos on the list that helped bring an art form to what had been mostly performance videos.47. Girls Just Want To Have Fun- Cyndi LauperCyndi dances with a melting pot of humans through her mom's house.46. Photograph- Def LeppardEarly MTV video and the one that put this band on the map.45. Down Under- Men At WorkThey were weird. They were different...but they made you smile. It was especially pleasing to figure out the Aussie references that we had no clue about. Vegamite. A fried out Combie.44. Come Dancing- The KinksRay Davies dancing with his sister at the Pally on a Saturday.43. White Wedding- Billy IdolThis could be a toss-up between several of his snarling, fist pumping videos...but White Wedding was the groundbreaker.42. Walk This Way- Run DMCThis video literally put rap in the mainstream.41. Fight For Your Right- Beastie BoysYou gotta fight for your right to party. That ought to be in the constitution.
Click below to see the rest:
20. Rio- Duran DuranNot one thing about this video makes sense, but gosh darn it was beautiful.Duran Duran - RioUploaded by jpdc11. - Watch more music videos, in HD!19. New Year's Day- U2Back in the '80s, especially among the European bands, there was a real fear and loathing in the music and videos that someone may push the proverbial button at any time and blow us all into oblivion (see Nena's 99 Luftballons). The Cold War was very real then, especially in those countries where the nukes were within striking distance. New Year's Day by U2 was a stark, cold look at men at war on horses riding into battle with guitars and drums. My guess is their side lost.18. You Might Think- The CarsThis video took A LOT of work in the editing bay, but it was one of the most visually amazing videos of its time. Imagine what they could have done with today's computer editing and animation.17. The End of the World- REMThat kid sure did have a lot of trash.REM End of the worldUploaded by EDATCRANE. - Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.16. Hot For Teacher- Van HalenHow much did those kids look like tiny Van Halens? This video was done so well...and when the teacher came out to dance...I often wonder where that teacher is now and what she's doing. Class dismissed!15. Don't Come Around Here- Tom PettyAn Alice in Wonderland take that won all kinds of video awards...Petty always had strong videos for his songs.14. Safety Dance- Men Without HatsIf you're into midgets and renaissance festivals you're gonna love this one. Everybody---look at your hands!Men Without Hats Safety DanceUploaded by Celtiemama. - Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.13. Boys of Summer- Don HenleyHenley got into the video world with a bang, nabbing video of the year for this one.Don Henley - Boys Of SummerUploaded by jpdc11. - See the latest featured music videos.12. I Wanna Rock- Twisted SisterNeidermeyer from Animal House stars as the teacher. "What kind of man desecrates a defensless text book!?"11. Working Girl- The MembersMost of you have no doubt NEVER seen this video or heard this song...so I'm thrilled to introduce it to you. This video is another example of the excellent British sense of humor. The guys in the video are "in love" with a working girl. They stay home all day, shoot pool and drink, while their women go off to work. A man's sugar mama fantasy come to life right there on video.
See the Top 10!
30. Pass The Dutchie- Musical YouthThe little dude must be playing the world's smallest guitar.29. Mexican Radio- Wall of VoodooThe scene with the lead singer busting his head out of a vat of refried beans is worth the watch. Plus, the whole premise of a song about a guy hearing people speaking Spanish, and therefore, he accidentally bought a Mexican radio---just darn brilliant.28. Dancing in the Dark- Bruce SpringsteenThe video that first gave us Courntey Cox, in the sublime moment when the Boss pulled her onstage to dance!27. Our House- MadnessMadness had a couple good videos---One Step Beyond comes to mind---this one did the best job of creating the image of the lyrics.26. Bad to the Bone- George Thorogood Bo Diddley appears as a pool shark getting hustled by George. There's also a cameo from pool legend Willie Mosconi.25. Cry- Godley & CremeGroundbreaking in its day...featuring a non-stop morphing of faces singing the song.24. Need You Tonight- INXSWell-edited and grapically stimulating.23. Sweet Child of Mine- Guns N RosesWow, does Axl look so young! His dancing was very cool and every band tried to copy it.22. Addicted to Love- Robert PalmerYou know all about this one. Robert's backup band of stoic runway models.21. Beat It- Michael Jackson One of the famous MJ mini-movies.
40. Wild Wild Life- Talking HeadsOpen mike night was never this good.39. Come On Eileen- Dexy's Midnight Runners
Overalls, bushy, lookin' like they could use a good scrubbing...and a cool dance step.38. Cruel Summer- BananaramaIn what other video can you see a cop bust a move?37. Twilight Zone- Golden EarringThis was very Cold War...citizens getting dragged off in the night by the secret police...spies unable to sleep for fear of being caught!36. Wanted Dead of Alive- Bon JoviFilmed in black and white---one of the best performance videos.35. Once In a Lifetime- Talking HeadsThe dance moves alone make the video...same as it ever was.34. Legs- ZZ TopThis could've been Sharp Dressed Man...we opted for legs because it started the ZZ Top video story line and the girl DID have great legs.33. Sweet Dreams- EurythmicsThis video was our first Annie Lenox sighting. Cropped Orange hair, bad to the bone in the boardroom.32. True Faith- New OrderThis video invented the teletubbies.31. Do They Know It's Christmas- Band AidThis was the inspiration for "We Are The World", featuring the top music stars of Europe (and a couple of Americans thrown in too).
To see th rest:
10. She Blinded Me With Science- Thomas DolbyMiss Sakamoto WAS beautiful. This was one of the first nerd pop videos (Cars by Gary Numan was another) and the most creative.9. Billie Jean- Michael JacksonBillie Jean broke the perceived MTV color barrier as Michael's shoes lit up the sidewalk.8. Sledgehammer- Peter GabrielI was never a huge fan of the song but the video was unbelievable.7. Money For Nothing- Dire StraitsBack then everybody DID want their MTV. The video was also hailed for its use of then-new computer graphics.6. Hungry Like the Wolf- Duran DuranThe stars of shows like Man vs. Wild and Survivorman owe their liveliehoods to this video. Simon Lebon stalks his prey and gets his face nearly clawed off.Duran Duran - Hungry Like The WolfUploaded by EMI_Music. - Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.5. Take On Me- AhaThe ending borrowed from the William Hurt movie Altered States, but the marriage between real life and the comic world was oh so cool in the mid-80's. Plus, how did he hit that high note? I still have stomach pains from trying to reach that one.4. Shock the Monkey- Peter GabrielDon't you monkey with the monkey!3. Every Breath You Take- PoliceVery artsy...but extremely cool. Shot in all black and white...Sting's scowl brings the jealous lyric to it's full visual power.2. Thriller- Michael JacksonI love this song for one reason...hearing Vincent Price say "ya'll's neighborhood". The video? It was overblown to me, but I would be neutered if this video weren't near the top. Most lists have it at #1.1. Jump- Van HalenThis video was just the most fun performance video ever made. As David Lee Roth said at the time, it cost about $500 to make and most of that was for beer and chips. But you couldn't help but smile when you saw the video...and it made you feel "this is what good time rock n roll is all about." Of course at the time we didn't know that Eddie and David hated each other.
If the title song is any indication this album was a real inspiration.Orleans had a couple of good songs but I can't hear "Still The One" anymore without thinking that they hang out together with their shirts off.Check out the song titlesPorkchop sideburns!This guy still frightens me.Is this legal?And you thought Mad Men was sexist!These outfits are nothing compared to what they wore onstage.No kidding! He looks so real on this album cover!This is what happens when a famous rock band watches an episode of Miami Vice.You can see the sincerity in his eyes.Is this legal?What?She was huge back in the day. Google her.Looks like the outfits from Lost in Space.Speaking of lost in space, here's Michael Bolton.Please, DON'T touch him.Believe it or not, this was a real album by Rod Stewart.These people know how to party!Side A alone will send you to rehab.This guy actually had a greatest hits album?Extra crispy.Frightening!Ricky Martin?
The '80s were the best decade ever for one hit wonders. Could've been because videos became so popular due to MTV. Radio stations were pushed to play more divergent music since there was now another source to whet our musical appetites. Many of the songs below you may have never heard, but we think you'll like 'em. They'll be great additions to your ipod, weaving in and out of the songs you know and love. Like we say in the radio business---ANYBODY can play the hits...it's the songs you put BETWEEN the hits that matter the most!
Just click on each song if you'd like to download them.
Right Next Door Robert Cray
"I'm listening through these thin walls in silent shame...as he called out my name, I was right next door."
Reap the Wild Wind Ultravox
This album was produced by the 5th Beatle George Martin. It's '80s Euorpop at it's best
Jokerman Bob Dylan
Did you know that Bob Dylan was the original white rapper? Vanilla Ice and Eminem should watch and pay homage.
Stand or Fall The Fixx
One of the better songs to come out of the tension Europeans were feeling in the '80s about a nuclear holocaust.
Slit Skirts Pete Townshend
Pete singing about a girl named Jeannie who just ain't into current fashion trends.
Prime Time The Tubes
Fee Waybill and the Tubes before their hit "She's a Beauty" came out with this danceable gem
Original Sin Inxs
Produced by Bernard Edwards from Chic and I love the heavy bass line he put in the song.
Eminence Front The Who
This video was shot at a sound check during what was supposed to be The Who's farewell tour back in the mid '80s. The song has a great catchy guitar riff.
How Can I Refuse You Heart
A lesser-known song by Heart but one of their better rockers.
More Than This Roxy Music
This song had somewhat of a rebirth when Bill Murray performed it Karoake style in the movie Lost In Translation. The always stylish Bryan Ferry tells the story.
I'm Shakin' The Blasters
A real head bobber.
It's Been A Good Year for the Roses Elvis Costello
Elvis' take on a George Jones classic. You will feel it too.
Handle With Care Traveling Wilburys
The traveling Wilburys were George Harrison, Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne from ELO, Bob Dylan and Roy Orbison. A terrific album and this song lasts and lasts.
I Don't Like Mondays Boomtown Rats
A true story about a girl who went on a shooting rampage, and when they asked her why, she said..."I Don't Like Mondays."
Motortown The Kane Gang
Remember when cars were made in Detriot?
Welcome to the Boomtown David and David
It's all about '80s excess powered by David's (or was it David?) deep voice.
The Walls Came Down The Call
A highly charged political rant that lives as one of the greatest diatribes EVER. Best line: "I don't think there are any Russians, and there ain't no Yanks. Just corporate criminals, playing with tanks." They won't allow this video to be embedded, and I want you to be sure to see it, so here's the link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kX8lqXAONg&feature=related
Mary's Prayer Danny Wilson
Great song about lost love. The bands' name was a character Frank Sinatra played in the movie "Meet Danny Wilson."
Fortress Around Your Heart Sting
Sting at his best---blaming someone else for a failed relationship. That's why we love his songs. The video is great---it appears his ex has asked him as part of some break up "deal" to record a video for her. His hateful stares into the camera make you think he's mad at YOU.
American Dream Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
As relevant today as it was back when Jimmy Swaggart and Jim Baker were getting caught with their pants down. I always crack up at how they harmonized on the get some help FROM ABOVE" line.
He Can't Love You Michael Stanley Band
He can't love you like I love you, so come on let the provin' begin!
The Salt In My Tears Martin Briley
She broke up with him, and he's decided "you ain't worth the salt in my tears." Sounds like he's going through the anger stage.
Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime Korgis
The '80s kicked off on a crazy note musically...disco was dying, Urban Cowboy was making country cool, punk, new wave, pop, rock...1980 was a transition year for music. This song fit in comfortably on the radio between all the diverging styles.
Fine, Fine Day Tony Carey
You know how when you read a book and then you see the movie and they may or may not match up in your mind? The '80s were that way with songs and video. This lost morsel was satisfying on both ends.
Late in the Evening Paul Simon
A cool latin vibe, some great (as usual) lyrics from Paul.
Black Coffee In Bed Squeeze
Squeeze was one of the plethora of hip brit bands storming through in the early-mid '80s. "Tempted" was a favorite along with this one.
Brilliant Disguise Bruce Springsteen
We didn't know it at the time, but Bruce was looking into the camera trying to communicate with his then-wife, actress Julianne Phillips. Look at hiim at the end...can you feel the hurt?
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sufe of."
My Ever Changing Moods Style Council
As was the case with most of these lost treasures, this song received sporadic airplay but always got cranked up when it came on.
I Need You Paul Carrack
Paul Carrack has one of the most underrated voices in popular music. He sang lead on "Tempted" by Squeeze, "Silent Running" by Mike and the Mechanics, and "How Long" by Ace. On this solo project...it's simple. Containing a great bass track and clever funky rhymes, it'll stick in your head. He REALLY needs her.
What are your "Lost Songs of the '80s?
Here's our list of the top 10 songs for Earth Day...what would you add to the list?
1. Mercy, Mercy Me - Marvin Gaye
2. Out in the Country - Three Dog Night
3. My City Was Gone - The Pretenders
4. Fall On Me - R.E.M.
5. Big Yellow Taxi - Joni Mitchell
6. Beds Are Burning - Midnight Oil
7. Earth Song - Michael Jackson
8. Excuse Me Mr. - Ben Harper
9. Don't Go Near the Water - Johnny Cash
10. The 3 R's - Jack Johnson
Feeling, uh....TAXED? Check out our list of the Top 15 songs for Tax Day!
1. Money Pink Floyd
2. The Taxman the Beatles
3. Money Changes Everything Cyndi Lauper
4. Moneys too Tight Simply Red
5. If I Had a Million Dollars Barenaked Ladies
6. For the Love of Money OâJays
7. Money for Nothing Dire Straits
8. 9 to 5 Dolly Parton
9. She Works Hard for the Money Donna Summer
10. Take the Money and Run Steve Miller Band
11. Takinâ Care of Business Bachman Turner Overdrive
12. Mo Money Mo problems Notorious BIG
13. Opportunities Pet Shop Boys
14. How to be a Zillionaire ABC
15. Material Girl Madonna
1995. O.J. Simpson is acquitted. Bill Clinton is president. It's already been 15 years! In some ways it feels like yesterday...in others it's ages ago. The Cowboys won the Super Bowl. Selena was murdered. Capt. Scott O'Grady is rescued in Bosnia after being shot down. Remember Bosnia? 1995 was the year that Yahoo! and eBay were introduced. There were some great movies in '95...
The Usual SuspectsToy StoryCluelessBraveheartThere was some Coolio music in 1995Gangsta's ParadiseWaterfallsAnother NightHold My HandAll I Wanna Do1995 TV? It was E.R., Seinfeld, Friends, Home Improvement, Frasier and Melrose Place!
Tell me what you remember about 1995!
Can you believe that 1985 was 25 years ago? In 1985, A gallon of gas was $1.09. A movie ticket was $2.75.
Remember Live Aid? New Coke? Reagan was the presidemt. CD's became available to the public.
1985 was a huge year for music videos. MTV was at the height of their popularity. Some of the biggest and coolest videos of the year were:
We Are the World
Tears For Fears
The top TV shows were:
The Cosby Show
Movies? Back to the Future, Fletch, Pee Wee's Big Adventure and The Breakfast Club. Here are the original trailers for each
I miss 1985. Except the clothes and the hair.
What do you remember about 1985?