I got the heads up about a Big Electronics Recycling event happening Saturday (4/26) @ Austin High School. You can get that clutter out of your home, help the kiddos raise money and make Earth a cleaner placer w/out having your electronics clutter clogging up the landfills. WIN/WIN for all.
Here's some details:
The Austin Independent School District will host a free city wide community electronics recycling event on Saturday, April 26 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the parking lot at Austin High School at 1715 W Cesar Chavez St. Consumers are encouraged to bring their used electronics to the event for recycling; accepted items are listed below. The event is being coordinated by Strategic Mobile Group (http://www.smgtex.com), the technology e-waste partner of AISD, and Fone4Schools (http://www.fone4schools.com), an organization that helps local schools raise money by converting donated electronics into funds for student programs.
Items Accepted, working or not, at Community Recycling Day on Saturday, April 26, 2014:
DRIVE UP, DROP OFF & FEEL GOOD!
- Cell Phones or Smartphones (i.e. Apple, Android, Windows Mobile or Blackberry)
- Tablets (i.e. iPads, Kindles or Android Tablets and Windows Tablets)
- Laptop and Desktop Computers
- Home Electronics, Stereo Equipment and Cable Boxes
- Computer Accessories & Printers
- Personal Electronics (i.e. cameras, ipods, video cameras)
- Monitors & CRT’s
- CD’s, DVD’s and VHS tapes
Please Note: UNFORTUNATELY WE CAN NOT ACCEPT TUBE TVs OR APPLIANCES.
Over 72 tons of eWaste are expected to be disposed of in 2014. Do your part to keep eWaste out of Austin area landfills and help AISD kids at the same time.