Four Things you Need to Know - June 2, 2011
Shaquile O’Neal is retiring
- Yesterday in a very short tape on his Twitter account, Shaquile O'Neal said, "We did it. Nineteen years, baby. I want to thank you very much. That's why I'm telling YOU first. I'm about to retire. Love you. Talk to you soon."
- Shaq turned 39 in March
Tarrytown hit and run
- Austin police now say alcohol is suspected as a factor in a hit-and-run crash in Tarrytown
- Gabrielle Nestande, just 23-years-old was arrested last week and charged with failure to stop and render aid, a third-degree felony.
- A few days ago the police had no reason to believe alcohol was involved.
- That has changed
- No one is saying why they have come to that conclusion.
- Nestande's lawyer denies alcohol played any part in the accident and says police never tested Nestande's breath or blood.
- Set your DVR’s for 7:30 tonight on ESPN for the finals of the Scripps National Spelling Bee
- The semi-finals are this morning…finals are tonight
- The winner will receive more than $40,000 in cash and prizes.
- South Congress is about to get repaved
- The project has been postponed by at least a week
- After the repaving reverse angle spots will be made – Spots that one backs into instead of pulls into.
- Tonight the Hike and Bike Trail is getting a makeover.
- “The Rock”…the area under the Mopac bridge is getting granite gravel.
- Tonight at midnight the sidewalk will be removed and replaced with the gravel.
- A full renovation of the area will be done by the end of the summer.