Four Things you Need to Know - June 7 2011
Summer in Austin is going to be HOT
- Remember Summer ’09 and how hot it was….68 triple digit days?
- Expect that this summer…maybe more.
- Yesterday we hit 103…and it is only June
- In 2009 the first 100 degree day in Austin was June 15th…this year we hit 100 on May 25th
The cloud has arrived thanks to Steve Jobs and Apple
- The iCloud is all about making it easy to share music – email – photos – calendars – between all your computers – ipads – iphones.
- The icloud can store data and wirelessly push it to every device.
- As far as music goes – only music from itunes can be transferred to the cloud and shared.
- But wait – there is an answer for that
- Itunes Match
- Match will allow users to store their "entire collection," including music ripped from CDs, on iCloud servers for $24.99 a year.
- It works by analyzing songs in your collection, comparing them against the 18 million songs in the iTunes Store, and then making those available immediately at 256 Kbps, even if the originals were lower quality.
- It is basically a backhanded way of getting money off cds you have ripped
Anthony Weiner is guilty
- Add him to the list of politicians/celebrities – MEN – who like to take pictures of their manhood and post it online.
- Yesterday in a press conference NY Rep Anthony Weiner yes – yep. That was me.
- “Last Friday night I tweeted a photograph of myself that I intended to send as direct message as part of a joke to a woman in Seattle. Once I realized I posted it to Twitter, I panicked, I took it down and said that I had been hacked. I then continued with that story to stick to that story which was a hugely regrettable mistake.”
- In the past years he has had a few inappropriate conversations over twitter/facebook/email/ phone
- In all there are apparently 6 women he did his thing with
- What is next?
- He will not split from his wife
- He may seek professional help?
- He will not resign
- Nancy Pelosi has called for an ethics committee investigation to see if House Rules were broken
According to Emma Watson…guys are frightened by her fame
- From newser.com –
- Guys can even be downright rude when protecting their egos, she notes. "Sometimes, perhaps because they are intimidated, they feel they have to knock me down," "They know perfectly well who I am, but they'll ask, 'How's that Narnia film going?'"