Here's a site called Hungry Girl that actually makes healthier versions of things taste good! There's a Hungry Girl tv show on the Cooking Channel. A new cookbook out. It really is a cool site filled with lots of yummy goodies that are way healthier. Here are some cool tips for Halloween.
Five Tricks for Outsmarting Treats
1. Don't buy your favorite candy to hand out to trick-or-treaters. Choose something you can more easily resist. If you have a weakness for chocolate, go with gummy candies. Can't stay away from chewy items? Choose something crunchy. You get the picture.
2. Out of sight, out of mind. Once the holiday passes, don't keep the candy sitting out. If you do, you're likely to grab a piece here and there whether or not you're truly craving sweets. If you're still tempted by the lure of an in-house candy stash, take it somewhere other people can enjoy it.
3. Keep count. If there were ever a day to keep a food journal, Halloween is that day! It's easy to keep going back for "just one more" fun-sized candy bar, but those calories add up fast. Don't lose sight of how much you're actually consuming.
4. Don't drastically cut calories earlier in the day in an attempt to counteract any excessive candy eating later on. That'll just set you up for a candy binge. Eat filling meals, and drink plenty of water. (If you're dehydrated, it's easy to mistake thirst for hunger.)
5. Make a little candy go far by using it in guilt-free recipes for decadent treats! Click here to get some recipes!