'Chef Piet' sharing his 'Secrets'...
Did you catch 'Chef Pieterson' from Carinos yesterday????
He spilt the beans on Carinos
'Marsala Chicken w/ wilted Spinach'...
8oz chicken breasts, butterflied
2 oz butter, melted
All purpose flour, as needed
6 oz. sweet Marsala wine
4 oz. beef broth
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
2 oz. olive oil
2 tsp. garlic, chopped
4 cups fresh spinach
salt and pepper to taste
1. Work area and utensils should be clean and sanitary.
2. Cut butterflied chicken breasts into half, yielding a total of four chicken breast medallions. Place on sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F. Chicken breast medallions should be fully cooked. Set aside.
3. To a heated saute pan, add melted butter. Dredge chicken medallions in flour, shake off excess flour and add to saute pan. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper.
4. Saute chicken and mushrooms until thoroughly heated and golden brown. Add Marsala wine and beef broth. Reduce by 50% and then add room temperature butter. Let butter reduce into the wine/broth reduction until a thickened sauce forms.
5. To prepare wilted spinach: add seasoned oil and garlic to a heated saute pan. Once oil is hot and garlic starts to turn golden brown, turn off heat and add spinach, salt and pepper. Toss spinach with olive oil until it becomes warm and starts to wilt.
6. Place wilted spinach over entire plate. Using tongs, remove chicken medallions from saute pan and place over center of spinach. Pour Marsala sauce and mushrooms over chicken medallions. Serve and enjoy!
* I'm chatting w/ Chef Piet tomorrow.. have to see if I can get him to turn over
the 'Raspberry Tiramisu' & 'Italian Chocolate Cake' recipes.. :)
*Don't forget next Tuesday 2/9...All Day & Night... 15% of the sales
goes to Boys & Girls Club of Austin at all Austin/San Marcos
Just let your Server know you're eating for a Great Cause!!!