If you are planning on cheering on your favorite team, whether you've got the 'Burnt Orange' spirit, the Cowboys fever, or you're like me sticking w/ her Bears threw thick and thin, and this season looks like thin for right now. Well, the Cool thing is Bud Light is the official Beer of the NFL, so that helps a bit with the sting of the Bears loss, or helps elevate some Good Times when they win. Here's a yummy and easy recipe that goes perfect with 'Your Game' & 'Bud Light'...
Here's the 3 main ingredients, Bud Light, your favorite sauce and a pizza crust.
The rest you can add/ subtract whatever you like.
Here's what Ted & I did..
Bud Light Pizza:
- 1/4lb of pepperoni diced
-6 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 lb of hamburger
-1/4 cup of onion
- 14 oz of tomato sauce/pizza sauce (Classico Pizza Sauce Rocks) -bottle of Bud Light
- 1 TB garlic powder, oregano, thyme, black pepper, Italian seasoning (whatever your favorite seasonings)
- 2 cups of your favorite cheese- mozzerella- a mixture.
-1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- unbaked pizza crust/ or already prepared crust (just shorter cook time) You can use whatever toppings are your favorite.. chicken/pineapple... sausage and mushroom..whatever you like. It's your Bud Light Pizza!! Alfredo Sauce rather than tomato.. YUM!! Preheat oven to 450 uncooked pizza crust/ directions w/ the already prepared one (375 usually works out well)
-Fry the bacon in a skillet and place the bacon on a paper towel. Once it's cooled break into pieces. Pour the grease out except for a little bit about 1 TBs in the skillet and add the onions, pepperoni and the hamburger (90-10) and Bud Light. (you can add any extra seasoning to the meat mixture you like. I enjoy garlic/Italian seasoning). While the mixture is browning, put the tomato/pizza sauce in a sauce pan and add 1/2 cup of Bud Light w/ the seasonings if you are just using tomato sauce.. garlic, thyme, oreganoItalian seasoning Rocks too. If you use a season pizza sauce that works too. Let it simmer. Remove the meat mixture from the heat and the sauce once it's simmered for about 10 minutes.
- Time to make the BL Pizza: Have the crust on a pizza pan/or big cookie sheet and put the sauce on it.... the parmesan cheese.. the meat mixture/veggies if you got them.. then a bunch of cheese on top! Bake! Once the cheese is bubbly, Golden Brown, it's ready to cool a bit then EAT!! THIS IS AWESOME! Give it a try for your next 'Football Game', 'Party/Tailgater' or even a yummy quick dinner. It Rocks!!