My Fit Foods 21 Day Challenge.
10 Things I learned on the My Fit Foods 21 day Challenge.
- I wasn’t snacking enough:
- I used to have 1 snack a day and I tried to limit it to 100 calories. At My Fit Foods snacks ranged between 150-300 calories. It has completely changed my approach to snacks.
- I need to create an eating schedule:
- The challenge helps you set up an eating schedule. Now I really try to eat at 6am, 9am, noon, 3pm, and 6pm. Now is impossible to ALWAYS be on time, but I find having a structure really helps me from getting ‘hangry.’
- Pre plan meals/Have a plan:
- When I am hungry I grab handfuls of this and that before I actually make my meal. Who knows how many calories I shove in my mouth. IF I prepare meals on Sunday to eat throughout the week I can stay on track. This takes work…and time…but it works.
- Wait 10-15 minutes after a meal to really decide if you are still hungry:
- There were a lot of times I would eat a meal and think, “I am still hungry!” But then…10 minutes later I would be full.
- I don’t “deserve” junk food.
- I convinced myself week after week that bc I ate healthy Monday – Thursday…then I “deserved” to eat whatever I wanted on the weekend. #Wrong
- I don’t NEED chocolate to function.
- I don’t NEED wine to relax.
- I feel a lot better on a Saturday morning when I don’t load myself down w/ chips and queso the night before.
- I can survive a craving.
- Setting goals and eating healthy feels way better than obsessing over, “why I just ate that huge plate of cheese.”