One of my favorite components of Austin Fashion Week is the Mash Up Teams!
Every year teams consisting of a designer, hair stylist, make up artist, photographer, and a model get together to take one epic picture. I think the Mash Up teams are one of the coolest ways to showcase all the awesome Austin talent.
This year a team let me play model for a day....and we had so much fun!
1. Make up: If you want natural beautiful make up then you have to go to Kandy Glass at Face Kandy. Bam...look at my face here. Her make up was flawless. FLAWLESS.
2. Hair: If you are looking for a new hair stylist...please check out Danielle Bar at Thomas Saverio Salon. How badass are the braids going through the hair.
3. Clothing: I felt beautiful in my dress made by Austin designer Teresa Valenzuela Basa. I love the colors and flow of both dresses. The skirt on Shelby's dress is AMAZING. Everything was perfection. Here is a great video about her debut line!
4. Photography: I will be honest. I was NERVOUS to be a 'model for a day.' I didn't really know how to stand or what to do, but Peter Tung was awesome at making me feel confident and telling me how and where to stand. I think one of the best things a photographer can do is make you feel comfortable. Use him! Peter Tung Photography.
5. Accessories: I think Adrian Nicole White's jewelry really added a little somethin' somethin' to the pictures. I am obsessed with those earrings she let me wear. They are just HOT. Click here to check out more from her!
6. Model: Isn't Shelby Leyva gorgeous! I hope to see her make it big in the business. She was so sweet and helpful...and obviously the girl has the fierce model look down.Click here to learn more about Shelby!
Mortified by Sara Osburn,posted Apr 12 2013 8:36AM
Did you write in a journal growing up? Can you imagine reading those entries out loud to an audience of strangers? That is what Mortified is all about. I saw the show last week...and it is AWESOME. I have not laughed so hard in months.
Bruno Mars has a lot of sisters...and they sing. They are known as The Lylas.
The girls just signed up for a new reality show that will follow the making of their debut album.
Psy has a new song out. Will it be a hit? Probably not.
The 13 hottest baby names of 2013 so far....
Nameberry.com has released a list of 13 hot baby names for the first quarter of 2013 and some of them may surprise you.
Here is the list: Marnie, Marlowe, Nelly, Mavis, Thor, Severine, Bruce, Wilder, Phaedra, Mingus, Linnea, Finnegan, and Christian.
Television this weekend
SNL hosted by Vince Vaughn
Bet on your Baby on ABC Saturday night. (Parents bet on what their todlers will do in certain situations)
And... the MTV Movie Awards hosted by this lady...Rebel Wilson
Lady Gaga out until September bc of her hip surgery.